If you are unable to find out the answer you are looking for please feel free to get in touch through our contact us page.
What is An Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are allied health professionals that specialise in prescribing exercise as medicine. AEPs are equipped with the knowledge, skills and competencies to design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions. People who benefit from exercise physiology treatment include those with acute, sub-acute and chronic injuries, medical conditions or disabilities.
An exercise physiology intervention aims to help you return to the activities and lifestyle that you want to do. This is done through improving your physical function, reducing or managing pain levels, increasing muscle strength, balance and endurance and also helping you better understand your condition and/or pain.
AEPs work in collaboration with other health professionals such as doctors, specialist physicians and physiotherapists to ensure you receive holistic person centred healthcare.
Why See An Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
- If you have a musculoskeletal injury that requires assessment and/or rehabilitation.
- If you have chronic or persistent pain.
- If you are intending on having orthopaedic surgery or have had orthopaedic surgery such as (but not limited to) a total knee replacement, shoulder reconstruction, ACL reconstruction and ankle ligament surgery.
- If you have a chronic illness or disease such as (but not limited to) high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes and lung disease.
- If you have a permanent disability or progressive disease such as stroke, multiple sclerosis and parkinson’s disease.
- For mental health management and rehabilitation of conditions such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, bi-polar disorder and autism spectrum disorder.
- For many other conditions and reasons, if you are unsure feel free to get in touch to discuss your situation and how we may be able to help.
Do I need a referral?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists are primary healthcare providers, meaning you do not require any referrals to consult an accredited exercise physiologist.
What rebates are available for Exercise Physiology and What Schemes Can access our services?
- Private Health insurance rebates are available on the spot if this is something that is covered within your insurance.
- Medicare rebates are available with a valid medicare benefits scheme (formerly EPC) referral from your general practitioner. Medicare rebates are available to those with a diagnosed chronic health condition. More information can be found via this link.
- Department of Veterans Affairs white and gold card holders are able to receive treatment at AXM Exercise Physiology with a valid D0904 referral from their general practitioner.
- Self-managed and plan managed NDIS participants are able to be treated at AXM Exercise Physiology.
- Workers compensation and motor vehicle accident claims can be treated with the correct approvals and referrals from your claims manager and general practitioner.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that are appropriate to exercise and move in and please bring your own water bottle.
What exercise equipment is at AXM Exercise Physiology?
We have an boutique gym set up with a large variety of equipment. Equipment includes:
- Spin bike;
- Olympic barbell, safety barbell, trap barbell, straight barbell;
- Olympic bumper plates;
- Dumbbells 1kg-15kg;
- Kettlebells 6kg-20kg;
- Adjustable cable machine;
- Leg press;
- Plenty more.
Where do i park?
We have two reserved car parks behind the clinic, this is accessible off Watkin Street.
Alternatively, there is lots of street parking on Thynne Street out the front of the clinic.
Who has access to my personal information?
Your personal information will only be accessible to those within the clinic who are active within your treatment plan.
We always abide by the privacy act 1988 and will not share your personal information without your explicit consent.
Get in contact
Have more questions or would like to find out more information? Get in touch with us today.
Give us a call on (02) 6152 9151 or find more options on our contact page.
“I have known Ben and Caelan from AXM Exercise Physiology for several months now and they have been doing a tremendous job working with my two disabled sons. They are punctual, friendly, caring and conduct themselves in a very professional manner. Their knowledge of muscle therapy is outstanding and I would thoroughly recommend their services to anyone needing help in that area”.